Judith brings a wide range of career experience and an exceptional commitment to client service to her legal practice. Her work as a litigator, corporate lawyer, and bank executive gives her a unique perspective on the complicated matters she handles for clients.
Clients can count on Judith to always be accessible when they need to communicate, and to cut through the intricate issues in a transaction or dispute to focus on the goals they care about most.
A founding partner of the Firm, Judith’s practice includes a mix of corporate and litigation matters. She has worked extensively in the areas of corporate finance, commercial and real estate loan documentation, interest rate swaps, mortgage banking, and title insurance. Her clients for transactional work have included closely held real estate companies, operating companies, and private equity and pension funds.
As a litigator, she handles general commercial litigation and the representation of developers, contractors, tenants, and landlords. Successful litigation matters have included financial fraud cases, employment discrimination matters, leasing disputes, and actions by minority shareholders and partners.
Related Work Experience
- Owner, Officer and Board Member of Pennsylvania Business Bank, a Pennsylvania-chartered bank. (1998 - 2008)
- Officer of Equimark Corp., a New York Stock Exchange-listed federally chartered bank holding company. (1985 - 1991)
- Officer of Treasure Valley Bank (a Wyoming-based subsidiary bank of Equimark). (1985 - 1991)
- President of Equimanage, consultant tofinancial institutions on lending and regulatory issues. (1985-1991)
Professional Affiliations and Activities:
University of Pennsylvania Trustee's Council of Penn Women
Gratz College Board of Governors
Lead Counsel Rated
- Represent lenders (including banks and other financial institutions) and borrowers in general collections and workout matters.
- Structured a transaction with Pennsylvania Attorney General to collect a long-standing, previously uncollectable $4 million dollar judgment payable to a charity.
- Represented a US corporation in suit against a multi-billion dollar international corporation accused of fraudulently manipulating their US income.
- Represented vertically integrated oil company in $300 million bankruptcy and restructuring.
- Served as special counsel to bankruptcy trustee in pursuing environmental claims against an environmental consulting company.
- Represented a major corporation in litigation with its landlord over leasehold operating expenses for its headquarters.
- Successfully handled malpractice action against an architectural firm.
- Defended a financial institution in mortgage fraud litigation.
- Represented minority shareholders in a corporation who contended their interests were being unfairly prejudiced by majority shareholders.
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York