Charles M. Golden has over 50 years of experience in the field of bankruptcy reorganization. He has an extensive background in financial planning and reorganization of business entities suffering economic reversal. Mr. Golden’s practice focuses on counseling large corporate Chapter 11 debtors throughout their bankruptcy cases and assisting them in successfully reorganizing. He has actively participated in some of the largest bankruptcy cases in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Additionally, Mr. Golden has represented creditors committees, providing advice on recovery of large percentages of their claims. As counsel to these committees, he has experience investigating possible fraudulent transfers, preferences and potential successor liability claims.
Mr. Golden is active in the bankruptcy bar and previously served on the Executive Committee for the Eastern Bankruptcy Conference. He formerly served as vice president of the Bankruptcy Committee for the Philadelphia Bar Association’s Business Law Section, and has been active in its Judicial Evaluation and Retention Committee. Mr. Golden is past president of Temple Law Alumni Association and was previously a member of the Disciplinary Panel of the Supreme Court. Mr. Golden is named to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® list as seen in both Philadelphia magazine (June 2004 to June 2016) and Pennsylvania Super Lawyers magazine (2004-2017 editions). He is also included in the Best Lawyers in America®. He is a former contributing author for the Bankruptcy Update column in The Legal Intelligencer.
- Former Trustee of Federation of Jewish Agencies
- Trustee of J. Wood Platt Caddie Scholarship Fund
- Member, Health Care Insolvency Subcommittee, American Bankruptcy Institute Past Vice President, Bankruptcy Committee, Phila. Bar Association Business Law Section
- Past President, Temple Law Alumni Association
- Member, Disciplinary Panel of the Supreme Court
- Member, Multijurisdictional Practice of Law Task Force
- Past President of Meadowlands Country Club (Blue Bell,PA)
- Board of Trustees, Central High School Alumni Association (Philadelphia)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Court of Appeals - Eastern District and Middle District of Pennsylvania